PGA Head professional at Fresh Meadow Country Club
- 2016 PGA of America Player of the Year
- 2016 PGA Tour Wells Fargo Championship (T-54th)
- 2015 & 2012 PGA National Club Pro Champion (Broke Sam Snead’s record for margin of victory)
- 2014 & 2016 Met PGA Head Professional Champion
- 2014 US Open – only club professional competing
- 2012 PGA Championship
- 2011 & 2013 Long Island Open Champion
- 1997-2001 – University of Texas Varsity Letter Winner (4)
Matthew Dobyns is the PGA Head professional at Fresh Meadow CC in Lake Success, N.Y., site of the 1930 PGA Championship and the 1932 U.S. Open. He trained under PGA Head Professional Darrell Kestner, a Golf Digest Top 50 instructor at Deepdale GC in Manhasset, NY.
Matt has eight career holes-in-one, 2 in competition. His most recent came during his victory in the 2012 PGA Professional National Championship. Matt’s father, Dr. Robert Dobyns, introduced him to golf at age 2. Of note, he swings right handed and putts from the left side.
“My in-play wedges fly straight at 4* flat. Standard lie PXG and Titleist fitting wedges fly 8 to 14 yards left for me at 100 yards. However, the MORE Wedge flew straight, or 1 to 2 yards right of target. I can’t explain it, but it’s definitely different. I also saw and felt clear benefits from the compound sole and friction milled face on approach shots from tight fairway and heavy rough.”